Re: [RC] Endurance or no? - Carolyn Loedeman

You know this really brings back memories about my appaloosa mare, In His Image (rain).  We were at a ride with a new Vet and of course rain was somewhat of a comic and as we were walking up to get a pre Vet check she would put her head down and suck in her tummy and that would make her hip bones stick really out so she really at this point looked like a reject from the glue factory.  I finally got up in line so we were next and he did his check and of course she had the cleanest legs in town 0's on wind puffs etc, looked great, so we trotted and she did her little shuffle and when we came back said are you sure you want to enter the 50!!  I looked at him and said, well of course I do, she wasn't lame or anything was she(knowing that there was nothing wrong) and hesaid I just don't think she will make it.  I looked back at him and said, well I sure hope she does cause if she does it will give her 2000 miles.  The next day I noticed him watching us as with a loose rein I warmed her up, and then lined up with the front runners.  Off we went and we finished in 5th place and he just kept shaking his head!!  But we made a believer of Appys after that and other rides
Carolyn Loedeman
AERC# 5555