Re: [RC] Made for endurance or no? - christabas

Of course she is suited for endurance!!  I faced the same thing when I told people I was riding endurance on my Quarter Horse Gelding.  He is big and stout, like many QH's, and we've had to be careful conditioning in the Texas summers since he doesn't cool as well as a more finely built horse, but he does fine!  We haven't done any 50's or anything, but he does well on the trial and his recoveries are well within the required levels.  The best part, though, is that he used to be a very standoffish "leave me alone" type horse, and since we have been spending a lot of time on the trail he has really bonded with me and come to like his new "job"!

So ignore those "other" people, and listen to the only ones that count, the ones here, that know what they are talking about!!

Christa
and "Jake" the QH who really CAN do endurance!!