[RC] From: "Suzanne Avery DVM" <ksbsmorg@kansas.net> - Leah McGregor

Hi Suzanne,
So nice to see a post from you, you might remeber me from Pony Club our daughters were in the same region and we visited on several occassions the last being when the pastor near me was taking one of your horses on a trek across country.
With the 3 50 mile ries you have planned you will have time to figure out what will work best for your comfort and your horses.
I have just the last 1 1/2 yrs started riding in full chaps and find even though they are heavy, they are not hot in the summer like I thought they would be and they have saved my legs from getting so beat up, rubbed etc. And I love my Bob Marshall saddle. Honestly I thought they were the ugliest things, but it fits my horse wonderfully and gives me a very secure feeling, they have a great hand hold in the front for any "airs above the ground" my horse might attempt.
My suggestion would be to start with what you have and adjust things between now and the Sante Fe ride as you need to.
Feel free to email me privately if you like.
Leah McGregor
www.hungarianhorse.com