[RC] Training to top ten - Spottedracer

Thankyou Skyla.. As I pointed out, these are harden/conditioned 50miler horses. I guess I could've been clearer about the fact I go a 4-5mph pace for the first 2 miles, then go faster. And I guess I could've been clearer on the fact that I'm not going to the park EVERY week and doing this for 25 miles - but once-a-month. With shorter, slower, hilly rides on the extreme-grade trails that start at my farm as our standard bi-weekly workout.

Since I only do 2-3 AERC rides, I use these once-a-month ' training LDs'  - as actual timed 'endurance rides'.  The same as if I was actually doing once-a-month AERC LDs on these two 50milers.  Don't think I would've gotten as much flack - if I did this at an AERC event once-a-month. Do you? These two horses are basically doing 8-9 LDs and 2-3 actual AERC 50's each year. I think that's far from being 'over trained'. But it keeps their bodies/tendons conditioned.

Guess I should've been clearer. Live and learn.

- LP