[RC] wet ride - windsock75

The day after Christmas, and here in North California (Redding area), we headed out for a training ride in Whiskeytown.  Forcast said light rains, until afternoon, and then heavy rains with 30-50 mph winds.  Had to go, as on Saturday during a 20 mile training ride, i lost my special purple crop (that is used for decoration only), one brand new easyboot epic, and one easyboot spare that I've had for 20 plus years.  All items were found today, and it was a wonderful 12 mile ride, in the rain, the wind, the cold, the muck, the ....!!!! Storm hit a tad early, we got soaked and accused of insanity by the local ranger. Drove home in a rainstorm, and after my awesome horse, Czentinel, was dried, hugged and fed, and I had thawed out in a very warm shower, I had to say Wow, WHAT A RIDE!!!!  Now, all I have to replace is a pair of Ariat Terrains that got totally filled with rain water and made a very squishy sound walking from the barn to the house.  Happy New Year, riders!!   renie burnett