Re: [RC] Only way to afford...well maybe - Patty P

 If money is not the main concern, raising a baby and training him/her can be the most rewarding of all. I cant do it now because I am boarding. But as soon as I graduate, I will buy my land and get back into breeding and having babies. Lots of them. It is the most beautiful experience of all! ...well, with the acception of having my own child that is! LOL And for the reason you specified below...you never  know how they turn out. You just never know. And that is part of what makes it exciting. I would not want to breed for a specific sport. I breed with the intention of training the horse to do what it is built for, that way everyone is happy! And arabs can do so much!

PattyP

-------Original Message-------

Date: 12/26/06 08:38:12
Subject: Re: [RC] Only way to afford

We had $3500 into the last foal our mare produced before the foal ever hit the ground.  Breeding a mare is not something I would ever do again.  Haven't that much time left in my life to wait around to see how a foal is going to turn out.  And it is MUCH more costly to raise one than buy one.

Barbara