Re: [RC] Skunk problem - Stacy Sadar

Coming in a little late on this but this is what we do since you end up catching a skunk when you are trying to catch something else.

1. Set a Have-NO-Hart trap with apples,cat food in it on a piece of plywood near where the skunk has been seen
2. After catching skunk, take a shower curtain and slowly approach the caged skunk and lay over top
3. Place rocks all around the edge of the curtain to kind of seal it up a bit.
4. Use the shop vac hose and run from your truck to the cage
5. Start truck and cook skunk for about 20 minutes...they just go to sleep and die without spraying.
6. Discard as needed from there

We have to kill anything we catch like skunks or raccoons because it's a major fine if you relocate them due to rabies and other diseases.  This year 17 raccoons, 3 opossums, 7 ground hogs, one skunk.

Good luck,
Stacy

Nina Vasiliev <rides4fun@xxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
Hi everyone,

Sorry, but this is not endurance related, but...

I have a skunk living under my house. I know this because while gardening,
I saw one of my dogs come out from under the house, then I smelled the
skunk. Luckily, this time my dog didn't get sprayed. She much have gotten
under the house on one side, and ran away from the skunk out another.

I don't need to mention what my house smells like right now...
And, of course, I am having a ton of people over for Christmas day dinner...

Any suggestions about getting the skunk to relocate would be appreciated.
(We are new to country living and don't know the business end of a hammer.
But are willing to learn.)

Thanks,

Nina Vasiliev