[RC] Boot trial - April - Spottedracer

Nice seeing other endurance riders using Edwin Warner!  Sheryl and I were there a day before you - with my young daughter and her SSpony... I was ponying one of my 50 milers off of my newest endurance mount.... The trail was a touch slick due to the rainfall.. But we did the large 8 mile loop in a hour..  We were going to do a second loop - but my daughter didn't feel like it.. Don't want to push her along too fast!

Since my bay mare got REALLY trotty with the Epics - the last time I went to Edwin and did 16miles... I just let my three horses go totally barefoot this time. Edwin is such easy terrain - my horses haven't gotten any soreness going barefoot. Even after 16 miles.   I'm going to try the boots on my racking mare soon, and my SSH 50 miler mare - doesn't alter her gait much, no  matter WHAT you put on her feet!

I'm debating just going totally barefoot for those LDs with my daughter. Since the horses are used to very abrasive footing during training.. I'll consider the boots for the 50's and possibly a 75 or 100 I'll do this year.

I'll be at Edwin either Wed or Thurs this week... It'll just be me, so I'll be ponying at least one. Will do at least 16 - maybe 24 miles. About 8 mph average. Care to join me?  I'll also be doing 30+ miles on the Trace toward the middle of Jan... Trying to get together with Christian Love this month as well - She'll teach me how to top ten! **grin**
- Laura