Home Current News News Archive Shop/Advertise Ridecamp Classified Events Learn/AERC
Endurance.Net Home Ridecamp Archives
[Archives Index]   [Date Index]   [Thread Index]   [Author Index]   [Subject Index]

Re: [RC] propane toxic--what about stoves? - Eric Drew

Fire Department Hat on here.
Anytime you are using a range or oven whether it be natural gas or propane it needs to be vented. incomplete combustion produces Carbon Monoxide which is deadly.
I prefer to err on the side of caution:
so yes by all means have an open window in the camper as the airspace is really small and gas concentrations can build rapidly.  You may want to get a carbon monoxide detector [$10-20] alarm just for peace of mind.
Santa Cruz Co. Fire

-----Original Message-----
From: Dawn Simas
Sent: Dec 22, 2006 12:14 PM
To: ridecamp
Subject: [RC] propane toxic--what about stoves?

I've been getting an education from you guys about propane and heaters in a closed environment.  Especially after recently in the news many people have gotten sick nationwide with extended weather power outages and using portable heaters in their houses.  :( 
My question is:  What about the range cooktop in my camper?  And my house for that matter (it's propane).  They have a flame, I have 3 burners in the little camper space and it doesn't even have a vent.  Should I vent a window when cooking?
Ms. Dawn Simas
Director - Wild About Cats
Wild Feline Conservation, Education, and Rescue

=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-= Ridecamp is a service of Endurance Net, http://www.endurance.net. Information, Policy, Disclaimer: http://www.endurance.net/Ridecamp Subscribe/Unsubscribe http://www.endurance.net/ridecamp/logon.asp Ride Long and Ride Safe!! =-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=