[RC] Forgiving Brass - Tx Trigger

Since Bob pointed his post at me, I will add an additional comment. Mind you this is MY opinion, for MY horses, from my 42 years of owning them. Everyone of course should do what is best for them and THEIR horses. First, I'd never leave a halter on a horse in a pasture. I've got neighbors who do it all the time, and I cringe to think what might happen if they get caught on a fence post. Next, thankfully, I teach my horses to tie, and be tied, for extended time frames. I tie to the trailer over night at rides, as I feel it is best, and safest for MY horses and ME.  They have never learned that pulling back will get them release of being tied. Quickest way to get a horse that pulls back all the time when tied is to have them be able to break loose and run off. Next, my concerns at rides are other peoples horses getting loose, and running through MY camp. Having them tied secure, will lessen the chance of them getting loose and starting to "run with the herd" through camp, and then really getting hurt. I make sure that my trailer is safe to tie to, any handles etc. that a halter could get caught on are protected and wrapped if needed to prevent this from happening. Everything we do with them is a risk. I had a friend when I was a kid, who had her horse pull back, the halter break, and the horse flip over and break it's neck. So, flip a coin. How lucky to you feel???  Again, do what you feel is best. I don't really care what the next person does. I know what works for ME.

Jonni in TX