[RC] Ford vs..... - Kearby, Kate G Civ 748 CBSG/IS

Well we definitely prefer Ford,  but there's lots of reasons it didn't come up in this discussion.  And the topic of a ford 2x vs a dodge 4x etc.

One thing I think in those 2 gas models will be about 5 mpg difference in gas, and both of them would be about 5-8 mpg more than a desil.

We trade in desil ford 250's at 100,000 miles we just went from 1997 to a 2002 manual to a 2007 automatic.  The 2007 fully loaded with a 3 horse LQ is getting 12mpg and you set it on cruise and it maintains 70-75 mph on any terrain, (if the dodges will get out of the way).  The intergrated braking system also applies ABS to the trailer and the tow haul automatic transmission gears down for you as you come to a stop...  anyway, it's cool.   One thing I notice about the ford desil is it's quieter and smoother riding than the dodge, the 2007 is better in this area than the 2002.  if I had to pick a second level truck it would be a chevy duramax.

Sometime look at the frame differences between the trucks.