Re: [RC] back conformation of an endurance horse - Karen Sullivan

Regarding the dowhill back...I prefer horses with a more level back, and withers higher than croup, but rest of back being more level....if the back slopes down to the withers; it's going to be harder than heck to get a saddle that won't want to slide into the shoulders...even a treeless will do that.

I can forgive a slightly downhill back that has very good loin coupling; but have seen way too many horses, Arabs in particular that are really high crouped, with what looks like weak loins, and truly look like two different horses put together....

Karen