[RC] Pony death, question for vets or others who've experienced same - sherman

I don’t think so as she is kept in a small pasture with another horse. It’s been “horse pasture” for probably 20 years with no problems, and small enough to notice anything toxic. I do watch for that as we have fiddleneck around here and I know it has a cumulative toxicity. I just reread the info on fiddleneck and while the symptoms seem close, it sounds like the horse is symptomatic for a much longer period of time than Muffin was. I know for sure she’s not been exposed to fiddleneck for the past 3 years though. I’ll check with my neighbors, now that I think about it as I’m typing, I did see them trimming near my pasture “I think” on Friday or Saturday. They used to have one oleander they were trying to get started, but I thought it was gone as of a couple years ago. I’d better recheck.

Thanks,

Kathy

Could the cause of these symptoms and death have anything to do with a poison of some kind?  Poisonous plants?  Herbicides?

Barbara