RE: [RC] Pony death, question for vets or others who've experienced same - sherman

Was tetanus the culprit here? Muffin went so quickly from the time of her first stumble, just about 3 hours.

kathy

Our appy had a small puncture wound near the coronet band a couple years ago, bute for pain, acted a little colicky, vet tubed with ???????? (can't remember now) gums were PURPLE, can't remember the name of this, at about the 3rd day, he was progressively worse, flailing, not eating, hanging head, and finally went blind right before we had him put down.  He was 28.

heidi