[RC] Building pens - advice, - sandy . l . holder

I stabilized red clay (that generally disturbed is really 'disturbing' to deal with).  We had to create the only flat spot on our property to put our barn (intentionally bought very hilly pasture for our endurance ponies) and this has been a real saver.  We put 4 x 4 pressure treated wood frames and then inserted the equiterr interlocking panels (following the directions with a base, etc. - see the link).  We only had a problem with one outside stall, where the ground settled and where one of our horses pawed quite a bit (he was locked in the outside stall and was a pasture only horse prior).  We sucked up the gravel, etc. where the one was with our wet/dry vac, replaced the equiterr and redid the process and its still fine (even through the rain we just had in N. CA).  Also, you can get "road fines" which is road scrapings from highway construction.  That was for the area outside the stalls and paddocks (up to the barn and around the perimeter).  My girlfriend Lanie has had these at her barn for over 5 years (me only for only 2 winters).

http://www.equinesystems.com/EquiTerr.html

Oh, and if I can do it, trust me, anybody can.  My husband is the greatest "fixer" there ever was.  Me on the other hand, well, let's just say the pendulum swung in the opposite direction.

Just my 2 cents worth

Good luck,
Sandy
The information transmitted is intended only for the person or entity to which it is addressed and may contain confidential and/or privileged material. Any review, retransmission, dissemination or other use of, or taking of any action in reliance upon, this information by persons or entities other than the intended recipient is prohibited. If you received this in error, please contact the sender and delete the material from any computer. PricewaterhouseCoopers LLP is a Delaware limited liability partnership.