Re: [RC] Shay Day Story - SturmRanch

As the adoptive and foster mom of four disabled kids, I have learned a few lessons about inclusion and accessability and the nature of all of us.

More than anything else, I would like my kids to be valued for who they are.  Brenda, beautiful, charming, social.  Not Brenda valued for who she might have been, but Brenda appreciated for who she actually is.

 Stephanie (who went off to school to give an oral presentation this morning) is going on to District with her Science Project.  She was thrilled!  We are thrilled!  Her speech output is not easy to understand, but someone   listened hard enough to understand that she had something to say.

Nancy Sturm