From: ridecamp-owner@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx [mailto:ridecamp-owner@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx] On Behalf Of Sabrina
Sent: Saturday, December 09, 2006 12:03 PM
To: ridecamp@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
Subject: [RC] Navicular

I have a friend who wants to look at a horse who, 8 years ago, broke his navicular bone in one of his front feet. The owner had him nerved in that foot only, and pulled his shoes. Now, my question to you all is, has anyone ever dealt with this kind of injury? I have never heard of such a thing as a broken navicular bone. Apparently, this horse has no lameness issues, but was used on the trail and hasnt been ridden in 2 years. I personally like barefoot, and am glad to hear that he is so, but tell me all you know about everything navicular. Can this horse really be ridden and sound? Give it to me people....

thanks

Sabrina