[RC] Propane Heat can be safe - Christina Schiro

Propane heat can be used indoors if certain precautions are used. I feel pretty experienced in this area as my husband and I have used propane heat to heat our home every winter for 6 years now (it's a long story as to my we are using propane heat versus electricity).

We use a Mr. Heater Little Buddy Propane heater (can be found at places such as Wal-Mart and Sports Acadamy) which is designed to be used indoors (special technology that they regular propane heaters do have.  I can't explain the technology - I'm not too good with technology.) . I do know it has an oxygen sensor which will shut off the unit if it senses not enough oxygen. We also have carbon monoxide sensors in our home. Our home also is not the best insulated so fresh air is always leaking in some where. The propane tank is outside with a hose that runs to the unit indoors.

When we go camping with our horse trailer in the winter, we bring our propane heater to keep us toasty warm.

Christina