[RC] RE:[RC] trailer loading/unloading - Christina McCarthy

Everyone has given such good tips about loading/unloading from a trailer.  This year I went to several venues, which gave me time to learn what was the best, safest and quickest way to teach my horse how to load.  We tried EVERYTHING, JJ just stood and watched.  After several attempts, we did the "rope under the butt pull trick"...which worked like a charm, but didn't teach JJ to load.  At a hunter pace I was by myself with JJ, and I was standing on the right side of the ramp and gave a tug.  Into the trailer he went by himself!  Go figure.  I had many other opportunities to discover that this was no fluke, he liked to load by himself, with me on the side.  For me this is a much safer way to load, and so simple.

Christina McCarthy