Re: [RC] tack colors - heidi larson

He's CUTE!!!  Well, you could stay with orange and do everything in flame/hunter orange!! Best part, hunting season you don't need anything new!  Maybe with a black contrast?  My friend has a darker chestnut QH mare that wears hot pink!!  And this is a team penner/western trail rider - isn't she brave?  Funny side story, she makes rythym beads and did a poker ride.  The western riders gave her dirty looks, make snide comments and generally snubbed my two adorable QH friends because they wear beads, their horses wear flame orange (also a chestnut) and hot pink.  Well, Diana did a 25 mile LD last year at Klickitat Trek, wore her beads and bright colors, sold numerous sets of beads and had a blast meeting all the endurance folk.  She commented later on what a truly nice group of people endurance people are and how welcome they all made her feel.  No one snubbed her, no one made rude/snide comments because she was riding a QH with a western saddle and her horse had fun too!  Crossed water alone and actually (gasp!) drank from a creek and community water trough!  (Wouldn't do that at a poker ride - waited til she got her "own" water bucket.)  Anyway, back to colors, my advice........ think gaudy, the louder and more obnoxious the better!

heidi and Ash (who is a lovely red bay that wears of all things.... neon green and purple!!)

Chris Paus <chrisnstar@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:
Ok, he's only 18 months old and it will be awhile til he "earns" his own tack and gets out on trail, but I'm starting to wonder what color would look good on my young guy.

Flame is going to be huge. He's a purebred Arab, but golly, he's gonna be big (gulp).

He's a bright flashy chestnut. He's got a red gold body, almost Akal Teke color in the summer. His mane and tail are BRIGHT ORANGE, LOL.. Never seen a horse so orange.....

so, what colors would you put on a horse like this?

Here's a link to pictures of him so you can see his color....umm, he was sporting a unicorn horn this day....

"The world is what you make of it, friend. If it doesn't fit, you make alterations." Stella, Silverado

Chris

Check out
the all-new Yahoo! Mail beta - Fire up a more powerful email and get things done faster.