Fwd: [RC] Arabian Neglect Case in MD #2 - MisticalRide

--- Begin Message ---
In a message dated 12/4/2006 1:30:03 PM US Mountain Standard Time, dragnin100@xxxxxxxxx writes:
If you make a big enough noise,  I mean get the TV media involved, then something will get done.  The case I reported and was working last week is mostly resolved now.  The owners called the Sheriff's department and turned over 3 horses, and possibly another 2.  I mean they signed them over to never get them back.  So, by all means, don't just sit there, get into people and make LOTS of noise.   I was told that our news coverage was carried by CNN.
Just a small caution, know the procedures of the agencies in the area where you live BEFORE you report. Had a horse here who was reported to a local agency. Skin and bones, unable to stand. The horse was removed from his owner and taken to a clinic and treated. The next stop for this horse when he was back on his feet was the auction, so that the agency could recoup the money for the hospital bill.. A local rescue had to go to the auction and buy him. They had no room for him, so he stayed at my house for awhile. I found it interesting that he loved to be clipped and bathed and handled, even after all his ordeal. I really got the feeling he had to have had some good training and lots of love at some time in his life.He went to a first time horse owner who had really no riding experiance. This little Arab is amazing, he is ridden on the road, along canals, he has even trailed over to my house to trail ride.

It can be heart breaking. Bless everyone of the people who puts their heart and time out there to help.

Elaine

--- End Message ---