Re: [RC] Waterproofing with Thompson's Water Seal - Ed & Wendy Hauser

Two of our "Its horrible out, 35 F and raining and the poor dears have to stand tied to the trailer tonight" blankets are waterproofed with Thompson's water Seal.

They were the cheapest cotton canvas I could find at the local farm store.  I hung them up in the barn and brushed on 3 or 4 coats of water seal.  They are now a bit stiff, as ugly as ever, but do keep the rain from the blankets underneath.  They are probably 12 years old.

The canvas really soaks up the water seal.  I don't think one would want to use enough of the spray can stuff.

Ed
Ed & Wendy Hauser
2994 Mittower Road
Victor, MT 59875