RE: [RC] [RC] thanks for talking about Mortons Neuroma! - Marlene Moss - Tim &#38 Carla Brady

I thank everyone also for the good advice given about this problem.  I now know which direction to head in helping alleviate the pain.  I also know that this is a tough bunch of folks because not one person said they'd quit riding because of this, but have found ways to help and deal with it.

Thanks to everyone for all the advice and info!

Carla

Title: Message
I really want to thank all of you that discussed Mortons Neuroma.  My mom has been dealing with foot pain for a long time now - and it has gotten substantially worse since we bought a boarding facility and she is determined to make sure stalls are cleaned 3 times a day, to her standards.  So even after we hired someone to help out, she goes along behind and makes sure nothing was missed.  I understand her wanting to keep active, but she knows her foot hurts and really, really avoids doctors.

So after reading the posts this am, I found a few websites that described the symptoms and printed them out for my mom.  She said it described her issues to a T.  I'm sure she still won't go to a doctor, but at least there are a couple things she can try with orthotics or special shoes that may help her.  I just hope I can get her riding regularly again - a few years ago I had her almost convinced to try an LD but she's hardly ridden since.  Now I have the perfect horse for her that she just loves, but her feet won't let her ride more than a couple miles.

Thanks!
Marlene

---- Msg sent via Internet America Webmail - http://www.internetamerica.com/ =-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=- Ridecamp is a service of Endurance Net, http://www.endurance.net. Information, Policy, Disclaimer: http://www.endurance.net/Ridecamp Subscribe/Unsubscribe http://www.endurance.net/ridecamp/logon.asp Ride Long and Ride Safe!! =-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-