[RC] Rude riders - now injured riders - sherman

Yes, it’s important to remember that sometimes a head injury/concussion will cause the injured person to become belligerent and they will not believe they need help. I’ve heard of people having to be tied down on gurneys, and I recall a mom on ridecamp wrote of their daughter hitting them while in the car on the way to the hospital trying to avoid being taken in after getting a concussion.

Kathy

I saw someone like this at a ride a few years ago; she was laying on the ground [one of the RMs was with her, so we rode on by] asking "why am I on the ground" and "where's my horse" over and over. I heard the sirens later but we were told at the mtg that she did not go to the hospital. Not smart IMO.

I told my friends then and there, if I get knocked out, NO MATTER WHAT I SAY WHEN I COME TO, take me to the hospital. Period. Kristen