Re: [RC] [RC] Re: [RC] why do i come to ridecamp? - Patty P - Dawn Carrie

I would hate to see us get into a CTR-bashing thread.  I helped out at a couple of CTRs a long time ago (late 90s) and decided it wasn't for me (didn't like the judging of everything and the restrictions).  By and large, most of the people were nice.  Did see some bad apples and horse abuse - one gal riding with a huge bloody fist-sized girth gall on her horse, that when I pointed it out (I was riding drag), she glared at me and kept going.  Some rudeness...not much.  But I've seen some rudeness (again, not much) at endurance rides too, and there are a handful of people who do not put their horses first in this sport either.  It's nice that both sports are available for us to choose from.  We shouldn't blacklist an entire sport due to the actions of certain ugly people.

Dawn in East Texas