[RC] Easycare - Spottedracer

t's also not fair to other consumers.
- Karen

Forgive me if I'm wrong - but isn't this still a 'free market'?

Car dealers, large retailers such as Walmart, Kmart, Homedepot, Lowes,  Large catalogs such as Jeffers, Country Supply, etc..... ALL periodically offer discounts/sales... MOST of their competitors carrying same products practice 'price matching'... This is standard.

I believe the Feds call 'price fixing' created by behind-the-scenes agreements - illegal. Hmmmmm....

Obviously, these retailers offering discounts - are still marking these products up enough over wholesale - to make enough profit to make it worth their while. Makes me wonder what the markup is that the 'manufacturer direct' retailer is getting? Since it's obviously a fairly high markup - since other large retailers/catologues are still 10-20% cheaper than the 'manufacturer direct'.

I think it's unfair to consumers to be forced to pay higher prices through possible 'price fixing'. And for retailers to be unable to have a 'sale' - because the manufacturer says so.. (boy! Walmart wouldn't be around if the average manufacturer was like that!)

I'm not 'down' on the product, I'm 'down/critical' of blatant misinformation. And think it's unfair for consumers NOT to be informed.
- LP