[RC] Lights in the Parkway-Ride idea! - thekids18049

 HEY!
I have an awesome ride site idea! (Well I think so)

There's a park that I ride a lot on. There's an 8 mile loop....mostly along a little river...fairly flat, mostly rolling hills, with a steep incline and some minors. But windy...fairly open. Some woodsy parts....Mostly hard gravel packed...this is a park! There is less than a mile total about on each loop that is pavement. For most of it there is lots of grass open meadows so could easily go off the pavement if needed. You don't get bored.
I've been to some rides where most of the ride is just about completely straight for 15 miles or so...it gets very boring!

I think this would be an awesome ride for in the winter. Either an LD or a CTR and clinic and Ride and Tie. There are no rides up here in the NE in Pennsylvani over the winter. During December and up til New Years they have the whole one sid just about with tons and tons of huge christmas decorations, lights, you name it. That's why it is called "Lights in the Parkway". There is a road on the other side of it that people pay to drive through. The trails are on the inside. I thought this would be the coolest 25 mile ride in december. Very christmassy! I don't think a 50 would work as you'd have to do a bunch of loops depending on how you layed out the 8 mile loop each time and I don't know how people would like that.

There are parking lots...and fields that we could probably camp in. During the summer there's an Indian Museum Pow-Wow type of thing they hold there and people camp. There are also a bunch of buildings along the route that are heating along with a museum that we could probably hold awards and such at.

I think it would be much better in the winter to the holiday excitement with all the huge lights. Also, in the summer it is very crowded with bikers,runners,etc. In december, I doubt anyone would be out there. Also, we would start the ride around 3 pm so atleast half of the ride would be in the LIGHTS!

May sound like a stupid idea to you all...I think it sounds awesome!  What do you guys think?

Before I go any farther, would like to see if anyone would want to do it!
Also, Would probably be the first or second week in december. Usually in our area in PA....winter usually hasn't hit when it comes to snow, freezing rain, ice, etc. Last year it was really cold only in the 20's during the day but we usually don't get any snow and that til after Christmas and New Years. We get most of our snow in Jan.-March.

Kyle
NE

That's all I can think of at the moment...been holding it in my mind for a while...finally trying to spill it all out!
If you're in the area and would like to help, volunteer, or ride in it please let me know!