[RC] Gates - Patti

Kate said:

> Well I guess most everything I see around Oklahoma and
> Texas where horses ride are 'real gates' we have a few fence
> openings, we call 'funk and Wagnall gates'

Kat said:
Out here in California we call them "Texas gates."  Imagine my surprise
to discover that this isn't because they are commonly found in Texas.

Around Tucson, we've always called them "those *#$% *#$% *#$% gates"
I'd always been taught the polite thing to do when someone else held the gate was to ride through, clear the gate to allow others through, then turn your horse back facing the gate (and the opener's horse) if space allowed.

Patti K
Vail AZ