[RC] newbie rules and experienced riders - Kearby, Kate G Civ 748 CBSG/OM

Below is a e mail I received privately so I won't show the names but apparently being disregarded on the trail when tossed is not so uncommon as those who have written believe,

if , as distance riders, we wish to encourage people into the sport, and based on the list of things that were posted 'newbies should do' I would like to bring to light what some 'newbies' have seen and should be corrected if known/seen amoung you, that not only newbies but the old folks should follow the ideals someone else listed for 'newbies.

'That happened to me, too-my horse spooked really hard about 30 minutes into a ride, and I went sailing off.  EVERYONE just charged by me.  Not a single person stopped to see if I was ok or offered to help.  I was really disappointed in my fellow riders.  The race was way more important to them.  I mean I'm talking about 30 riders, too, not just a single person.'