Re: [RC] Pain and stiffness after a 50; a given? - Keith Kibler

SandyDSA@xxxxxxx wrote:

In a message dated 11/28/2006 7:46:51 A.M. Pacific Standard Time, sherman@xxxxxxxxxxx writes:

    I started taking glucosamine & chondriotin 7 years ago (at age 50
    & it has done wonders already) and MSM if joints start feeling a
    little stiff or my tendonitis starts acting up. I have just a
    couple spots of arthriti

I hope my PC doesn't go awol before I finish - having snow, sleet, and power outages. Some dumkopft must have hit a pole.
I have had arthritis since I was 17 and got up one morning and fell to the floor - my hip wouldn't work. Over the years, I found that my first felonious orthopod was WRONG - he said I better quit doing most everything active or else I would be in a wheelchair by the time I was 30. Contraire, Herr Doktor!!! Two OTHER OPs told me - HECK NO! Get GOING! So I did. Now, a couple of decades (well, 30 YEARS) later, I am NOT in a wheelchair, and only have some bad mornings or bad moments or events - but I still ride, swim, walk (I would JOG, but I shattered my ankle and with all the metal I scare small children jogging down the road since I resemble Quasimodo far more than Jim Fix.
When i saw the reference to MSM and GAGS etc., I thought to speak up. Over the years, I have used Arnica for those mild, lactic acid issues post exercise; but in the past few years, the same Dynamite I fed my horses I started using myself (thank God for Jim Zamzow who FINALLY put them in capsules so I can quit sifting them into capsules myself). Being diagnosed with lupus - two of 3 positive tests, at least it explains the fatigue and arthritis - I started charting my condition with and without the combination I take and it was amazing to me, when I have my Plus, MSMS and Free and Easy each day, I can do pretty much anything (but I still look like Quasimodo when I run); but if I forget for 3 or more days, I start getting so stiff and even sore that it takes me a dozen or so steps to loosen up enough to walk to the toilet during the night or even in midday!
I would consider the arnica to be a mild compensatory supplement for muscular soreness due to lactic acid build up post exercise; but if there are other soft or boney tissue issues such as I have, the MSM/free and Easy type of combo is a blessing.

You go Sandy!
About 6 years ago, I had a trailer hitch break and the trailer tounge fell on my left foot. I was about 42 then. The trailer was loaded with heavy band and sound equiptment. It crushed my foot. I went from having been the runner of the year in southern Il a couple of years before to being told I would never run again and would end up in a wheel chair. I was told most people would end up amputated. I just simply refused to quit and kept working and praying.
I have completed two ironmen triathlons and several 500 mile bicycle events since then and while I do not currently have the speed I used to have I have not given up hope of that returning.
I also take msm ,chrondroytin and glucosomine and it keeps me from being ahead of the weatherman on front changes.
My hat is off to you!
Keith