Re: [RC] [RC] First 25 mile ride - Lynne Glazer - Lynne Glazer

LOL, if I forget to stretch hamstrings but particularly calves before a ride, I about die after getting out of the truck post-ride and of course worse on the 2nd day.? I try to remember to do those stretches at lunch and the other vet checks too.? Am very careful climbing down from the gooseneck's bed that next morning anyway, just in case.

Your title cracked me up too.? Made me remember my first 25 on my own/not borrowed horses, actually the first 3 were memorable (not that I have considerable mileage now, just um, a few years whacking away at it.)? Since getting a ReactorPanel saddle, though, the soreness has certainly been limited compared to before then (late '99?)? Unless riding in the rain without enough sense to wear the right clothes, like at our last ride, what a dummy, I was sore from just being cold and wet just because of not believing this always hot weather ride would really have rain much of the day.

I always tell my horse I'm the "weakest link" and that's why he has to carry me so much rather than me trying to run the hills or somesuch.? Weakest link in the head sometimes too, I guess--like not drinking enough water on a hot day.

Lynne