[RC] Gut Sounds low score - Shannon Chastain

I complete my 4th and 5th LD on Friday and Saturday, first multi-day. For the
first time
in three years doing LD and CTR I got a low score on gut sounds. Just wanted to
submit a
question as to what some of you thought I need to change or improve on. The
really
strange thing is my riding buddy had the same issue. We vetted in on Thursday
with all
A's. This ride was at Collins MO and there was very little to eat on the trail,
but my
horse very seldom eats on the trail anyway. It was the first vet check on the
first day
we had the issue with getting a C on gut sounds. My horse ate great the night
before
almost totally cleaned up over a half a bale of hay(Brome grass). He got 1.5
pound of a
mixture of PB, ultium, whole oats and corn the night before and the morning of.
He
pulsed down as soon as I came in and I went right to the vet his CRI was great
54/52,
but his gut sounds were a C, with every thing else a A or A-. This was a longer
trip
then usual we drove about 6 hours. Just guess I would like to know if it was
the long 6
hours drive the day before without hay that may have contributed to the C or
does he
need more BP mixture. His gut sounds were an A again at the final vet check and
A's
again the next day. His second day competition CRI was 48/49 the best he has
ever had.
Also wanted to throw in I had just gotten out of an outage. I work at a Nuclear
Power
plant and during outages I have to work 72 hours a week so I did not ride much
for the 6
weeks before the ride, not sure it that is an issue or not?? Another strange
thing he
was very calm the whole ride too, very unusual for him he has been improving
over the
years but I rode the whole ride on a loose rein, even the beginning. I came in
second to
last both days with my riding buddy getting the turtle both days. Lost out on
turtle
only because my horse pulses down quicker then my friends Morgan, darn Arabs!!
Two more
Central divisions Turtle contestants!!!
Thanks,
Shannon