[RC] Easy Boot Bares - Dream Weaver

I am starting a horse in the Easy Boot Bares.  So far I'm having pretty good
luck but I'm getting some rubbing on his heel bulbs.

I have been reading through the Easy Care site and found the taper straps.
It states that you can make the Bare strapless.

I haven't tried it yet but can I take out the heel strap or cut it down
inside the boot??

Hi Liz:   I've been cutting the straps out of my boots for the last couple of years.  Just make sure that your horses foot fills up the boot before you do that.  If you need the heelstrap in there to take up space, try covering the strap with two or three layers of duct tape.  The modifications I've been making are essentially the same thing as using tapers in place of the heelstrap or backstrap.  I take a sharp knife (like a paring knife, and BE CAREFUL if you do this), and cut the strap off as close to the plate on each side.  Then if the boot is a model that has metal gripper teeth, I flatten them down with pliers or channel locks, and cover with three layers of duct tape.  The duct tape helps the boot slide on and off easier.  If you have any other questions feel free to email me, or visit my blog (click on the Bares category for all the posts on that particular boot).  There is also a tips page on the EasyCare website that has a lot of info that might help you.  Good luck!  btw, If you're planning on entering the 2007 contest, be sure to get your entry form in soon so you won't miss out any specials or promotions.   The boots have all been improved over the last year.  There's some way cool stuff that'll be available in another month or two, I can't wait!  Though the Bares are really great for the hinds.   :)  Karen