RE: [RC] US Rider roadside assistance - Bonnie Peralez

“The subject of AAA has come up in the past. Not all AAA agencies are the same”

Several years ago I was towing my horse and trailer with my motorhome up a steep winding road. Suddenly my transmission failed and I was stuck on the 2-lane road. I have AAA RV (So. Calif.) and they came out and would not tow the horse and trailer. But the driver realized there was no way to unhitch the trailer in the middle of the street on the steep road so he did tow me further up the road to a turn-out and then unhitched the trailer and left me standing there with my horse in hand at the side of the road.

Luckily someone passed by with an empty horse trailer and took me and the horse on up the highway to the horse camp I was heading for.

Another time I was towing a horse with my truck up over the Ridge Route to northern California. I blew my engine and sat on the side of the road. This was before cell phones and a Highway Patrolman stopped and called for a tow truck. I had AAA and the tow truck was a big heavy duty truck and he never said anything about the horse trailer and horse. He just hooked up to my truck and towed everything to a small community where I could get help. So maybe it just depends on the driver.

Now, I would not travel very far without getting U.S. Rider.

Bonnie