Re: [RC] US Rider roadside assistance - TypeF \(Jackie Floyd\)

And THAT ... is why I asked US Rider to take the back cover of my Endurance Guide. So far, I haven't ever heard a bad story about them. Just amazing ones. I gave up my 30-year membership with AAA and changed to US Rider a couple of years ago. I've had to use them twice and both times, they were considerate, fast, and helpful. And ... they even called back on me a couple of times to check to see if everything was being taken care and things were OK.

:) Jackie

----- Original Message -----
Sent: Tuesday, November 21, 2006 11:19 AM
Subject: Re: [RC] US Rider roadside assistance

AFTER I spent money towing a motorcycle and money towing a dually truck and my trailer that AAA would not cover, I had to find someone that would cover all of our toys.  I called US Rider before I signed up last year to ask the same thing...what will they cover and what won't they cover.    Basically, the only thing AAA will cover is a car unless you buy the RV coverage and that's not always covered either.  Trucks these days are too big in AAA opinion to tow...including single axle large trucks.  Just call them and ask.  Oh, but then it also depends on the location you are calling!  Some tell you one thing and others something else.

US RIDER told me that they will tow anything I have and all their info says so.  Almost 30 years of AAA and out they door they go.  They are worthless for those of us with more than a car.  As Jonni said, it also depends on where you are as to what AAA will tow.  They all view things differently. I needed my AAA last year twice and they failed me.  It also cost me $165 to tow 2 miles down the road and another $137 to tow the motorcycle all because of the things AAA won't cover.   I don't have time to be stuck somewhere on the road and play games....US Rider is the only way to go.

Stacy

Tx Trigger <txtrigger@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:
I talked on the phone recently with a US rider customer service associate. In our conversation, I asked if they would cover towing RV's, that were not horse related, and she said yes. So, for those of you who might have family members who travel with RV's a lot, you might have them call US Rider and talk to them about coverage.  One towing service and the membership would be MORE than covered.

As mentioned, unlike AAA, it isn't just a tow service/roadside assistance, but they are geared towards horse people. They will find you a place to put the horses if you break down, can find you a vet in an emergency, and actually cover a little bit of a vet bill if your horse is injured in an accident while being trailered. Got to the website, read about the services, and call them. Every customer service person I have talked to has been very, very friendly and helpful.

The subject of AAA has come up in the past. Not all AAA agencies are the same. AAA of Southern CA was one of the few that had actually listed "horse trailers" under their RV service. Not sure if they still do. But, remember, the tow truck can refuse to tow you if they want, and many will NOT tow a horse trailer with horses in it.  US rider contracts with companies that know they might be dealing with horses in the trailers.

AAA of Texas would not tow my dually truck, but did list RV's with duallies under the RV service. I had to argue with a driver one day to tow my truck. He said no duallies. I said I had RV service, he said it's not an RV, I said I'll put the camper ON it if you like, THEN you can tow it. He shut up, and put it on the truck.  What ever service you go with, read close what they will and will not do for you.

After 20+ year, I dropped AAA. I do miss their maps  ;-)

Jonni

Sponsored Link

Rates near 39yr lows. $510,000 Loan for $1698/mo - Calculate new house payment