Re: [RC] MY Mistake - Don Huston

Joe,
You are not remembering what Kat said the penalty was for. It was not as you stated "an automatic penalty (beyond not finishing) for a horse being not able to complete a ride". I have copied Kat's paragraph from 8:11PM Sunday and bolded her qualification for the penalty.

Kat wrote:
"You didn't read what I said carefully enough.  _I_ said that riders who
present their horses to the vet asking for permission to continue on
their horse and the vets determine that the horse is not fit to continue
should have their COC for championship rides revoked.  I.e. it is only
those riders who don't know that the horse they have been riding for the
past X number of miles is not fit to continue that have the COC revoked.

That is not, as you stated "arbitrary or capricious". I think that that would be a very good start toward making the world class riders actually responsible for their world class horses. I also know that you, Joe, did not establish and maintain your great horse Kalil (sp?) by riding him so poorly that you could only finish 60% of your rides. Why are you defending such poor results from those world class riders?