Re: [RC] MY mistake - Truman Prevatt

Steph Teeter wrote:

The point I was trying to make was that there are different reasons for 'non-completion' and I personally don't think it's reasonable to state that every non-completion is due to 'over riding' and therefore a punishable offence. (banned from future competition)
At some point you either accept a political system which we don't even have now or you accept an absolute system. Given the issues with any political system I'd hold my nose and accept for an absolute system any day. A few people may have to sit out a year, but given the number that nominated last time - that sure won't be a problem.

If I were Chief d'Equipe would I not like to have the hammer hanging over the riders head given we haven't finished a team the last three WEC's - I sure would.

We are talking about big time high stakes sports. We are not talking about backyard endurance rides. We are talking about world class riders. These riders should be able to finish. If they can't maybe they should not be on the team and be replace by someone that can.

Truman
But, I am really enjoying all the discussion!
Steph

--

"Life is about obstacles. Endeavors in life are not to be overlooked. Our lives are not determined by what happens to us, but how we react to what happens. Not by what life brings us, but the attitude we bring to life." Wade Boggs, on his induction to the baseball hall of fame.