Re: [RC] Is 100 miles in one day too much? - Dana B.

oddfarm <jsalas@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
Ultra runners, FREAKS? Well, that's a tad strong but they are a different lot.

 :-)

But they ENJOY running and for the most part Steph, an Ultra run it just that. Running until the end.

Yes, but the term "running" is used loosely.  Often it is more of a rhythmic stagger ;-p

Yes, it is competitive, but speed, well most are not going much faster than a 9 minute mile pace.

Blimey, a 9 minute mile is blazing ;-o

. And judging by the finishing results, most all DO finish. It's not always pretty, though. As a matter of fact, I have been running since the early 80's and I can't say that I have seen a lot of DNF's at races. Maybe a handful out of 100's of runners.

Not like the WEG, or WEG or even our own Tevis....

Well actually there are more than a handful of WS100 runners, running on theTevis trails for the most part, who DNF.  This year was ugly and their completion rate was only 52.6%.  So the ultra that is comparable to Tevis does have fairly low finishing results for an ultra.

Hmm, maybe we should require the WEG riders to run half of the 100?  That would slow things down :-)

Dana,
sweep rider for WS100 and Tevis
marathoner and ultra-wannabe
Tevis hopeful

ddbpaso@xxxxxxxxx

Sponsored Link

Mortgage rates near 39yr lows. $310,000 Mortgage for $999/mo - Calculate new house payment