To: "Bruce Weary" <bweary@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
Cc: <ridecamp@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Sent: Saturday, November 18, 2006 6:21 PM
Subject: Re: [RC] 2500 Mile Requirement

Unfortunately the USEF is going the other direction. Now with 200 miles and no 100's a horse can be nominated for the WEC. I was told once in a conversation where I expressed my displeasure in that decision that "we need the younger horses to field a team of sound horses."

I don't believe that for a minute.

Truman

Bruce Weary wrote:
I like Tom Noll's idea about a 2500 mile requirement before horse and rider are allowed to enter high level, high speed international competition. After the rider has trailered the horse 2500 miles, he's had plenty of time to ponder whether he wants to ask it of his horse. I say let's go for it. Dr Q

--

"Life is about obstacles. Endeavors in life are not to be overlooked. Our lives are not determined by what happens to us, but how we react to what happens. Not by what life brings us, but the attitude we bring to life." Wade Boggs, on his induction to the baseball hall of fame.