Re: [RC] question about cockle burrs - D'Arcy Demianoff-Thompson

Soak the area where the burrs are with mineral oil (this works on severly matted manes and tails as well) let stand about 15 minutes.  Work from the bottom of the tangle/burr and work up.  Hold the top of the forelock with one hand so that you don't 'pull' on the forelock.  The top of the forelock is sensitive and can cause great irritation.  This is true for the mane as well.

I don' t know how to describe the comb I use on the rescues that come in with horrible mats.  But it is the best I have found for working an unruly mane/tail/forelock stituation.  I also use them for the regular grooming there seems to be far less 'pull' at the root!  I'll see if I can find the maker and send that in a separate email.

D'Arcy Lynne

"A friend is someone who reaches for your hand and touches your heart.  One that holds your heart in their hands as if it were glass!"