[RC] re: [RC] Christina's Bald spots !!! - Christina Schiro

Yes, I am riding in a treeless saddle. I've never have problems with dry spots where the stirrups are hung. Sometimes I have dry spots under my thighs when I walk only for a longgg time AND use my back-up pad. This is what happened in this case. (My primary pad that I use 95% of the time is a Skito with the special inserts for treeless saddles and it was really dirty.) Said back-up pad is going to be sold and I'm going to buy a second Skito as that is what is working great for me, my horse, and my saddle. I decided to try the 25. I don't feel comfortable riding Ice in a 50 with him not 100%. The one spot almost has all the hair covering the bald spot. The second one is getting some more hair in. I contacted a couple of endurance vets and they suggested putting vaseline or desitin on it and I should be be fine. Christina

Hi Christine-
  What kind of saddle have you been using ? It sounds like where a sports saddle or other model w/ everything hung in the middle would cause pressure !  - Heidi Helly