[RC] Advise to Mickey: - Lucie Hess

Mickey my advise is what you paid for it.. Nothing!
To me other people's opinions and advise are to be
viewed as shoes, sometimes the shoes fit you,
sometimes they don't.  So remember that while you are
reading this email.
Regarding Registration, if the horse does not have any
Paint coloration or enough white to be considered a
Paint, she can only be registered as "breeding stock".
I'm not sure if paint breeding stock papers makes you
eligible for any Paint Horse association awards, which
is why lot's of people want their horses registered.
(But check with the paint horse association)
Also, some people won't gamble on a breeding stock
mare to use for breeding, they are afraid the color
gene won't show up.Therefore a horse with breeding
stock papers is not as valuable as the regular papers.

I know about these things as I have Appaloosas and we
have a similar program for "non-colored horses" (well,
we did, they keep tweaking it every year or so)

Also, I have dealt with trying to get a horse's
registration papers moved from a deceased person's
name to a new owner.  It was not pretty.  The heirs
had to sign off on the papers and it was the last
thing they wanted to even deal with.  And this horse
was registered, not just "able to be registered".
If it was me, and I wanted to buy a registered horse,
IE this filly, then tell the seller to register it as
part of the deal and don't take possession until the
horse's paperwork is complete and send in.(YOU KEEP A
COPY)  Again, to register a young horse, you will need
a stallion report and some other paperwork to be
filled out on the sire and the dam.  Well, at least
the app club wants that.  And those pieces of paper
have to be signed by the owner of the mare and sire at
the time of breeding or foaling.. I can't remember
which.
One more thing.. since the owner died and there is a
trust/ estate, do you know that the trainer selling
these horses even is legally able to do such?  There
has to be someone who is executor of the estate/trust,
who makes those decisions.

All just things for you to think about.

Personally, if it was me.. with all you have
described, I'd keep my 1500.00 and look for a horse
without legal/registration issues and that is ready to
ride.  Unless, you are very much in love with this
horse and you just gotta have her.. Then OK! go for
it.

Sponsored Link

Talk more and pay less. Vonage can save you up to $300 a year on your phone
bill.