[RC] New Horse - Mickey Womack

Thanks again to EVERYONE for ALL your advice.

I got some disheartening news last night from the vet.  She needs some dental work and work on her feet.  I guess the previous owner was lagging behind on routine care.  That makes me wonder about all the other issues like shots and worming.  The vet was encouraged by her healthy appearance and attitude - hoping it was all things that could easily be corrected.

I am getting a full vet check and should have the results on Friday.

I'm sure I will have more questions then.

The actual "sale" of the horses is on hold for at least two weeks due to the process time for an estate (the owner passed away last week).  I have put first "dibs" on Ginger but haven't signed anything or paid any money.  This gives me plenty of time to make sure she is healthy and continue to follow the wonderful advice of everyone on the list.

I have been very humbled by all the genuine care that everyone on the list has shown me.  It's always nice to hear good things but it's even better to know the deep dark nasty parts of having a horse.  Eyes wide open.

Thanks again!
Mickey