[RC] what do you think when coming off - Cheryl Charlamagne

For a period of time when I was riding, I thought I was going for the worlds record for horseback riding from face down in the dirt....

1st time I fell (isn't exactly what happened, but let's go with that!!)- I was on my baby boy, green horse and the thought was the simplicitic "oh sh&*!!" My horse thought-my head is on fire and my a@@ is catching!!

From here it gets foggy on 2nd, 3rd, 4th, etc. time... so I will go with
"memorable times"

On a training ride with my teammate. I was actually getting back on the horse, when the horse started going, then my foot got caught on something, then I slid right off the horse into the dirt.

I thought-d#$n!! can't stay on a horse for the 1st thing, can't get on it for the 2nd.. I guess this is how I really will be remembered (face down in the dirt!) The horse thought-you must be stupid...

On another training ride with my teammate. She was in the lead when horse dumped her. I had about half the thought out, then I hit the dirt. (Glad that wasn't me!!) That is what you get when you try to think to well of yourself. The saddle had slid sideways on the horse so she was in the background circling for her life.... Got back on the horse went less than 50 feet down the trail (I didn't hear the director shout re-take!!) when she shot sideways up into some trees. I thought-@#$$%^^^^ ##$#%%&^^& &^&^%%%$^&**(&^!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! That had to be totally edited for family purposes!

The highest, longest, and slowest fall... I was on my green baby boy again... was going down the trail and everything was cool, calm, and copacetic... Something brushed against his leg, which he knew was a snake and he had nothing but air (about 6 feet straight up). I had hold of the reins and went straight up and over. (That took about 5 minutes before I hit the ground). I thought- this is not good, not good at all. I forgot to put my water bottles on my saddle. And please don't let me land on stump!! I actually landed in a wild rose bush... But, I still had hold of the reins!! that was a first..

The best fall, I never had..... was on a training ride with my teammate at Natchez Trace. She was in the lead going down a pretty steep hill (in an area with nothing but granite-not a good place to fall). We both saw and had absolutely no time to say it... A tree fell in the forrest and a horse was there to hear it!! Both of our horses turned to shoot back up the hill. I don't know what saint is the patron saint of falling horseback riders, but she was looking out for us that day! We ended up turning into each other and thereby bracing ourselves all the way up the hill, then to a slow stop.

I never ride without a helmet. I never ride without my vest. I only hope I can keep riding until I permenantly rest!!

cfk

Stay in touch with old friends and meet new ones with Windows Live Spaces http://clk.atdmt.com/MSN/go/msnnkwsp0070000001msn/direct/01/?href=http://spaces.live.com/spacesapi.aspx?wx_action=create&wx_url=/friends.aspx&mkt=en-us