[RC] Santa Fe ride - oddfarm

Sherry, there is no way your *team* will consist of just one person as you will need at least one more to move your camp. They will also be a part of the team and be fed every night.

If you do get more people on your team, the cost per day can be nominal. For example, our team will be a super team. We signed up early so our fee is $4000. We will be riding for 10 days. If we have our planned 7 riders, (we will all split the cost to include the crew) that turns out to be about $60 per day to ride.

Granted it will cost a small fortune for us to get there in back as we are in south Florida. But anyone who thinks endurance riding is becoming a "rich man's sport" simply because of THIS ride, hasn't ridden that much to begin with, me thinks.

We endurance riders are not an elite, wealthy group for the most part but danged if we don't find the finances and time off to get to our rides ;) Right Roxanne? I just spent a weekend in Camden, SC (great ride by the way) and the diesel alone was about $400. It just goes up from there (:- O nooooo! Come on, none of us want to admit how much we really spend to get away, ride like the wind (or at least a little puff) and party with friends for a weekend. It doesn't matter because we are worth it!

Don't be skeptical people, call Mr. Phillips and ask away.

Lisa Salas, teh Odd Farm