[RC] [RC] Individuals riding in the Santa Fe ride - oddfarm

Let me clarify. Day one each team will register. A super team will list it's members and horses. They will have the most options as they can have any rider ride any horse, any day. They will still have to register everyday but no extra cost. The other teams must be more specific at day ONE registration. They will have to say who is riding, on what horse and what day or days. If someone from the team decides to ride a different day or just one day, as long as they were listed as part of the team on day ONE, they can pay the $100 and register to ride for that day.

You can only ride as an individual if you are a part of a registered team.

Example: If I sign up myself, and 3 other riders and 2 crew members, I must declare who will ride each day on what horse. If on day 4, one of our crew members wants to ride, they would register and pay an extra $100 to do so. So what does your entry fee pay for you ask? I would guess the same as any entry fee for any ride, insurance, vets, port-o-lets etc., plus dinner every night for your whole team, including your crew if they were listed as part of your team.

So the benefit of being a super team is more flexibility.

We will be riding Sept. 3,4,5,6 and off on the 7th and 8th, riding again on the 9th, 10th, and 11th, taking the 12th off and then the last 3 days will be the 13th,14th,and 15th.

Trailering: Mr. Phillips said the longest trailer ride from finish line to the campsite would be maybe 100 miles, and the rest of the days it would be 30 to maybe 50 miles. You will need to get your horse from the finish line to basecamp but your campsites will be reserved for your team. Also he said there is plenty of room at the finish for trailers waiting for the riders. So take into consideration that after your horse has done the trail for the day, they will be in for a trailer ride to base camp. But your crew doesn't have to rush to the campsite and get a spot, they can go to the finish, wait for the riders and then go into camp. That way they are not going back and forth all day.

If any of you have any questions, please call him. He is very open to suggestions, really wants this to be a class act ride and is willing to answer any questions.

Lisa Salas, The Odd fArm