RE: [RC] [RC] WEC 2008 - Steph Teeter

Actually they have nothing to choose from except flat with little or no rock. What they've done is made sections that were hazardous (e.g. pockets of powder duff that collapsed when the horses  went over them) more safe. I have been known to rake rocks off of the trails near basecamp that I use for the Owyhee rides. Sometimes ride managers can get a little carried away.

Steph
-----Original Message-----
From: Dawn Carrie [mailto:rdcarrie@xxxxxxxxx]
Sent: Friday, November 03, 2006 7:58 AM
To: Steph Teeter
Cc: Nik Isahak Abdullah; splendacrest@xxxxxxxxxxx; ridecamp@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
Subject: Re: [RC] WEC 2008

And people think this is a *good* thing (highlighted part below)?!?  They've already carefully selected a flat trail with little or no rock, and now they're GROOMING the d*mn thing?!?  Wouldn't it be easier and cheaper to just have the horses go run 100 laps around the local race track?  I thought this was endurance...

This is utterly repulsive.
Dawn in East Texas