Re: [RC] [RC] training problem (bucking) - JANUSTUDIO

Thanks for your reply.

I've considered every possible physical reason that could be triggering this response, but he has done this with three different saddles. Two different Ortho Flexs, and a Western saddle.  He has a really nice back, so no fitting problems.  Plus, when I first got him as a 'very green' broke 3 year old, he would buck when resisting anything that didn't suit him while on the lounge line.  And cantering was a real issue.  I'm sure he did this with his former owner and that behavior got him out of any situation that didn't suit him. At the time I didn't have a round pen, so had to do the lounging thing.
He actually has a nice canter and usually goes along just fine.  I'm convinced it is a mental thing and he really needs to get over it...

Jan