Re: [RC] Rider doesn't do anything (yeah, right) - Susan

You know, saying a rider...a REAL rider that is really RIDING a horse...is "just sitting there" is as dumb of a thing to say as a fighter pilot is "just sitting there" in the cockpit.  A fighter pilot is in the best shape of any human.

And David, my doc gave me the same look when I told him I ride horses.  I use a HRM when I racewalk.  I'd be faster for longer periods if I'd actually CONDITION during the week but, conditioning is for sissies and endurance horses.  I'll max at 156 on a hilly road race.  It's the same no matter how far I walk...5K, 8K, 10K or 15K.  Considering I can beat the real slow runners and most other "pleasure" walkers, imagine how good I'd be if I worked at it?!! (sigh)  The point is, riding horses has gotten me into good enough shape that I can walk 10 miles at speed doing a legal racewalk and have energy for more.

Lucinda Carpe <kharakterc@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:
Ditto to those who think the Grand Prix dressage riders are just sitting there as well.
Lucinda

Semper Obliquo (Always aside),
Susan [Young], The Princess of Pink
Glenndale Grace Farm, Ft Gibson, Oklahoma U.S.A.
"Ride on! Rough-shod if need be, smooth-shod if that will do, but ride on! Ride on over all obstacles, and win the race!" - Charles Dickens (1812-1870)