[RC] re: any horse can do 25 miles - Cindy Collins

You know if everyone would go back to my "original" quote:
"any horse that can go 10-15 miles in training at a reasonable pace should be able to finish a 25 miler in 6 hours."? ?There wouldn't be much to argue about.? It's been twisted in typical ridecamp ways :)? For those who are challenged in interpreting my statement...please note:? "CAN go 10-15 miles"? " in training"? and "At a reasonable pace."? While I've had plenty of heart-breaking pulls, I'm thinking that only two were metabolic and neither of those were horses I "pulled out of the pasture."? Most of my pulls have been for over time!? I believe my life time completion rate runs around 95%.? I wish it were 100%, but I'll stand by my experience and my statement.? Cindy

From LeBlanc:? So while there may be a lot of us who know enough to manage an out of shape
horse through a ride, Christina's really got the right idea. This is
especially true if you don't have a zillion miles of completions. I'm not
going to bet against Cindy doing that if she wanted to, but she's got 8000+
miles, and I'd bet that even Cindy would end up with some pulls at the 1/2
way point because the horse was 'ADR' (ain't doing right). Maybe it _can_ be
done, but that's a different thing than _should_ be done.

Cindy Collins